Lighthouse was built in 1848 and has not only been declared an official
Mississippi landmark, but has also been placed on the National Register
of Historic Places. Due to its significance as an icon of the Gulf
Coast, its image can be found in numerous places and was even included
on Mississippi license plates until 2012.
The lithograph features a fresnel lens, typically found in lighthouses to help reduce the amount of glass required to create the desired directional light.